Wednesday, July 24, 2013

5:23 P.M. (Same Day)

                Work was painfully slow, but on the bright side my coworker was in fact very attractive. I kept waiting for him to bring up the fact that he had a girlfriend because it seemed too good to be true. The only unfortunate thing is that he didn’t invite me to grab a bite with him after work. He was handsome, he’s in a band, he’s Italian, he’s handsome. Let’s call cute coworker guy Italy.
                As we talked we came to realize we had quite a few mutual friends. He even knew a guy I’d crushed on my junior year. I tried my best not to make my enthrallment with him too obvious, butI’ve always been a terrible actress. A few times I looked in Italy’s direction and caught him looking back at me. Maybe I was just imaging it…but maybe I wasn’t.

                The sad thing about guys is that as a girl I tend to like the idea of a guy a lot more than the actual guy himself. I see an attractive male and think he will match up to my idealistic hopes of how a guy should be. For this reason I am frequently disappointed. This disappointment tends to start shortly after they open their mouth and begin to speak. The words that come out of a guys’ mouth largely reflect the kind of person he is. Certain things a person says can muck up how I perceive their physical appearance. I don’t care how good looking you are – the moment the word “epic” leaves your mouth you immediately drop ten points in attractiveness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment